[tab name=”Product Info”]
E-Z POOL® is a patented water care program that combines simplicity with incredible water quality in a once a week application. This specially blended, multi-tasking formula manages swimming pool water while eliminating the confusion of adding multiple chemicals every other day. E-Z POOL® contains stable oxidizer, algae shield, clarifier, scale inhibitor, water conditioner and balancers (pH, Total Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness) to keep swimming pool water clean, clear and trouble free. It provides a PROACTIVE water care program that PREVENTS problems instead of treating them on a REACTIVE basis after they occur. E-Z POOL® is compatible with chlorine, salt, bromine, UV and ozone, as well as traditional balancers and maintenance chemicals.
E-Z POOL® is available in 5, 10 and 20 lb. sizes
Why is E-Z POOL® the ultimate swimming pool water care program?
1. The stable oxidizer immediately breaks down contaminants in the water to increase sanitizer effectiveness – resulting in clean, clear water.
2. The algae shield formula becomes more effective the longer E-Z POOL® is used.
3. E-Z POOL® inhibits scale build up and metallic staining on pool surfaces and equipment.
4. E-Z POOL® clarifies and conditions to provide sparkling clear water that is soft to swim in and does not leave a harsh chemical residue on hair, skin, or bathing suits.
5. The uniquely blended formula creates stable and balanced pool water effectively reducing the need for excessive testing and unnecessary chemical additions.
E-Z POOL® offers a No Algae Guarantee!
The program is simple: In the unlikely event a pool using E-Z POOL® gets algae, we will cover the cost to eliminate it!
*Limited to reimbursement to dealer for cost of chlorine shock only to eliminate algae in a residential swimming pool. Requires verification of the E-Z POOL® Startup program and proper application/dosage of E-Z POOL® with a documented water test from an authorized dealer (proper water balance, chlorine minimum 1.0 and phosphates under 250 ppm).
E-Z POOL® is an E.P.A. registered product for swimming pool water care.
[tab name=”Usage and Guidelines”]
Take a water sample to your Authorized Dealer for testing. Treat pool water with REVIVE! (32 oz. up to 24,000 gallons) to remove phosphates, metals, debris and to activate the No Algae Guarantee.
NOTE: If algae is present, brush from walls, then shock with chlorine. Wait 24 hours, then proceed.
Once debris completely settles (typically 24 hours), vacuum pool bottom, thoroughly clean pool filter, then balance pool water as follows:
Add E-Z POOL® to pool water according to dosage chart, preferably near a return jet, and add sanitizer in accordance with product directions to skimmer, feeder or floater to maintain desired level.
NOTE: For chlorine generators (salt), add stabilizer to maintain 30-55 ppm based on manufacturer’s recommendation and adjust generator setting accordingly.
Weekly: REPEAT E-Z DAY…Just once a week!
Monthly: Take a water sample to your Authorized Dealer for testing.
Note: Reduce dosage by 50% for salt, mineral and ozone pools. Click the Salt Support tab above for more information.
Q: What is E-Z POOL®?
A: E-Z POOL® is a proprietary, multi-function granular compound that simplifies swimming pool water care. It combines an algae shield, stable oxidizer, clarifier, scale inhibitor, and balancing agents – all in ONE product! The convenient, once a week application takes only minutes to keep your swimming pool water clean, clear and trouble-free. E-Z POOL® is compatible with salt, chlorine, bromine, ozone and UV systems. Simple pool water care… just once a week!
Q: How does E-Z POOL® work?
A: E-Z POOL® is simple to use. Immediately after adding to the pool, the fast-dissolving formula starts to work by oxidizing contaminants, preventing algae, conditioning and clarifying, inhibiting scale and maintaining overall water balance. E-Z POOL® effectively manages pH, total alkalinity and calcium hardness with just a once a week application. Because E-Z POOL® keeps the water clean, clear and balanced, your sanitizer is more efficient and you use fewer chemicals!
Note: E-Z POOL® is not compatible with biguanide pools. Use FLIP OUT™ to convert to a halogen-based sanitizer (chlorine or bromine) and thoroughly clean or replace filter.
Q: Why is E-Z POOL® better than other products?
A: Simply stated. . . there is no comparison! Traditional water maintenance programs require a multitude of chemicals and frequent testing in an attempt to achieve balance and clarity. These programs are based on reactive science: wait until you have a problem, attempt to diagnose with complicated testing, and then treat by adding a multitude of chemicals that might fix the problem. E-Z POOL® works on PROACTIVE science: you actually prevent water problems (algae, organic contaminants, pH imbalance, scale) rather than adding more chemicals to treat them after they occur.
Q: Where can I get E-Z POOL®?
A: E-Z POOL® is available exclusively from swimming pool and spa professional retailers. CLICK HERE for more information.
Q: What caused my pool water to tint green?
A: If the pool is free of algae, the green tint indicates that something is slightly out of balance or there is a presence of a high level of phosphates that can also lead to redundant algae problems. Typically the bleaching effect of chlorine compensates for an out of balance condition, keeping water blue in spite of possible problems. Since one of the benefits of E-Z POOL® is that it does not contain bleach, the following is a list of things to check when troubleshooting a pool with green tint:
1. Check the filter. A clean filter is always the first step in correcting a problem with E-Z POOL®.
2. Test sanitizer level. If the pool is lacking sanitizer, there may be a tendency for the water to get a green hue. If the sanitizer is too low, the pool may take on a flat look and then turn a light green tint. When experiencing a green tint from low sanitizer level, try increasing the sanitizer level to at least 3.0 ppm with the addition of a dichlor shock.
3. Test for phosphates. A high phosphate level is often the cause of stubborn green tint in E-Z POOL® water. Use REVIVE!® to resolve this problem quickly and effectively.
4. The level of calcium contributes to the “body” of the water. If the pool water lacks body, it may not effectively reflect the UV rays of sunlight to produce the blue tint most commonly associated with swimming pools. Here again, if the green tint is due to chemical imbalance and sufficient oxidizer is present, the calcium level may be too low.
Calcium level should be adjusted to 350 ppm. Always adjust balance before dosing with E-Z POOL® and allow water to reach new calcium balance prior to E-Z POOL® application.
5. Test copper level. Excessive copper levels may contribute to a green hue or tint. Check the copper level and if it exceeds 0.8 ppm, treat with REVIVE! to reduce.
6. Test pH and total alkalinity. If pH is high or low relative to calcium, and total alkalinity is too low relative to pH and calcium, this could result in a green tint. Adjust to recommended levels.
Q: What caused my pool water to cloud?
A: This is typically attributable to poor filtration since E-Z POOL® contains a clarifier. If your “E-Z” pool is cloudy, perform the following steps:
1. Check the filter. The filter media should be cleaned, backwashed or replaced. Run the filter continuously when trouble shooting for cloudy water. Frequent filter clearing helps clean the water faster.
2. Check the pump timer. The pump should be circulating a minimum of 12 hours per day during the swim season or 6 hours per day during the off-season.
3. Test sanitizer level. If the sanitizer level is too low (below 1.0 ppm), there is not sufficient chemical available to oxidize the matter that is suspended in the pool. Adjust as needed.
4. Test water balance. If the pH, total alkalinity or calcium levels are out or range, cloudiness may occur. If needed, adjust prior to applying E-Z POOL®.
Q: What causes brown staining in my pool and why does ascordic acid only remove it temporarily?
A: The brown staining in your pool is caused by oxidized iron, which is probably getting in your pool from the well. The oxidizer in E- Z POOL shocks out more contaminants than regular chlorine shock. Sometimes, especially pools filled with well water, this can cause an issue that was previously unknown while on chlorine because it is not as versatile as the E-Z POOL®. In most cases, the problem can be fixed rather easily.
When you used ascorbic acid before, it was the right thing to do, unfortunately you weren’t told that the job was only half done. Ascorbic acid removes the stain rather easily BUT once the stain is removed, the molecules that formed the stain are still in the pool water. They have just been dissolved. Unfortunately sand filters only filter out particles that are 20-25 microns and larger, oxidized iron is in the 2-4 micron range. So, your filtration system needs help removing the particles that caused the stain out of the pool water. The fastest and easiest way to do this would be to:
1. Treat your pool with ascorbic acid, you shouldn’t need more than a pound. It should work within an hour or two. Once it has been circulated throughout the system.
2. Once the brown stain has been lifted, turn off the pool pump.
3. Spray a 16oz bottle of Revive (removes the iron particles by dropping them out of solution and in to a sediment on the bottom of the pool so you can vacuum it to waste, removing it for good) over the top of the pool.
4. Leave the pool off for at least 24 hours.
5. Vacuum the debris out of the bottom of the pool while your sand filter valve is on waste.
6. Follow the weekly directions for the E-Z POOL® that your local store has given you.
You should also have a bottle of REVIVE! at the house for whenever you fill up your pool due to evaporation or splash out. Simply attach the Revive to the end of your fill hose and spray the product over the top of your pool water, covering the pool twice, REVIVE! will capture the particles from your well water that shouldn’t be in your pool water and send them to your filter for you so that you do not have to go through this huge procedure over and over.
“This will be my third summer with E-Z POOL® and the first two seasons we were algae free — not like shock. I’m hooked on E-Z POOL®! Thank you! – George F., Mississippi
“I have had a pool since 1993, so I know the basics, but I am new to E-Z POOL®. Couldn’t believe how SIMPLE! I use E-Z POOL® once a week and put one 3″ chlorine puck in my skimmer once a week. So far …. I LOVE IT! Thank you!” – Helen A., Misourri
“I recommend E-Z POOL® to everyone we know!” – Liz D., Alabama
“Just wanted to drop a quick note…we made the one hour trip on Saturday to purchase E-Z POOL®, and I’m happy to say it was well worth it…I have beautiful, clear water once again…and got the E-Z POOL® for a great price!!” – AnnMarie, New York
“Easy, simple, worry free…these all describe how my pool maintenance has been since I started using EZ POOL! I have a big pool and it is not a big job with E-Z POOL® just once a week. Once the pool is open and clear in the spring, I just have Caryl’s experts test my pool sample once a week to make sure the balancing chemicals and pH are good. Algaecides are not needed. Brush, brush, brush, as Caryl recommends and my pool is beautiful all summer! Also, it is gentle to the skin and does not effect your hair color. I highly recommend E-Z POOL®!”-Trish, Greensboro, NC
“I once had a pool with chlorine. It would make a cut, color and perm turn green. Off to Caryl’s store I went. Week after week, more money was spent. One Saturday with a water test in hand, off to her store, chlorine was still the plan. Brian she said this is cool, we have a new product it’s called E-Z POOL®. You treat your pool only once a week, here is the coupon, it will be a treat. I tried E-Z POOL® with one chlorine tab, I have to say, “This stuff is FAB!” I am now a believer that less pool work is fine, one treatment a week works out just fine. The water is clear and the beer is cold, as an E-Z POOL® customer, YES I AM SOLD!” – Brian, Greensboro, NC
“We spent hundreds of dollars that summer buying chemical after chemical trying to fix our bacquacil problem. We closed the pool that winter and then turned to Caryl’s Pool Shop for help. After some much needed maintenance, we switched to E-Z POOL® and our water has been absolutely beautiful ever since. Crystal Clear, perfectly balanced and when they say E-Z, they mean it! All we add is 2 1/2 scoops of E-Z POOL® each week and one chlorine tab and that’s it! We have only spent 1/3 of what we spent the past 2 years and can now actually enjoy the water instead of worrying about it, Thanks!” – Daine & Randy, Randleman, NC
“I just recently converted our 17,500 gallon heated pool pver to E-Z POOL® and so far the results are great! I have never seen pool water so clear.” – Scott, Norkfolk, VA
Want to share your success story? Send us an email and your testimonial could be featured!
[tab name=”Salt Support”]
Chlorine generators convert salt to create chlorine. This is a convenient investment, but still requires regular water care to work properly. Common problems include:
E-Z POOL® multitasking blend works with the chlorine generator to provide balanced, crystal clear, algae free water all season long!
*For chlorine generators (salt), balance pool water to E-Z POOL® parameters and add stablizer to maintain 30-50 ppm based on manufacturer’s recommendation and adjust generator setting accordingly. Salt, mineral and ozone pools use 50% dosage – see chart below.
[tab name=”E-Z Winterizing”]
E-Z POOL® simplifies seasonal pool closings / winterizing for traditional CHLORINE, BROMINE, SALT WATER, or E-Z POOL® treated pools in one E-Z application.
No pre-treating or other chemicals needed — just add E-Z POOL® to oxidize contaminants, prevent algae and control stain and scale through the winter season. Spring openings are faster, water is clearer and you can swim sooner!
WINTERIZING DOSAGE: Apply according to charts below (1 scoop = approximately ½ lb). For best results, circulate the pool for 30 minutes prior to closing.